You have no items in your shopping cart.
The Art of Making Fermented Sausagesby Stanley Marianski and Adam Marianski
The majority of books written on making fermented sausages do not tackle the subject of fermented sausages at all. The topic is limited to a statement that this is an advanced field of sausage making which is not recommended for an amateur sausage maker. Well, the main reason for writing this book was that the authors did not share this opinion. On the contrary, they believed that any hobbyist could make wonderful salami at home, if he only knew how.
You will discover how easy it is to:
- Control meat acidity and removal of moisture
- Choose proper temperatures for fermenting, smoking and drying
- Understand and control fermentation process
- Choose starter cultures and make traditional or fast-fermented products
- Choose proper equipment and much more
With more information obtainable every day and commercial starter cultures available to the public, there is little reason to abstain from making quality salamis at home, regardless of the climate and outside conditions. This best-selling guide has introduced thousands of people to the techniques of making fermented sausages.
Includes black and white charts and diagrams
Paperback, 262 Pages