Oxygen Absorbers Scavenger Packets
Perfect for making jerky, meat snacks, and dehydrated fruits and veggies. Simply place an oxygen absorber inside a package, jar, or container and seal it air tight to extend the shelf-life of packaged foods. By eliminating oxygen inside of a container bacteria, mold, and mildew cannot grow and thus spoil your food or meat products. FDA approved for use with food and food related items. Safe, clean, effective, and easy to use.
- Great for packaging jerky, meat snacks, dehydrated fruits, veggies, and any other food items
- Can be used for packaging other emergency foods and long term food storage
- Perfect for storing of medicines and other non-food valuables for long term storage
- Lower oxygen levels to less than 0.01%
- Helps maintain product freshness
- Extends product shelf life by removing oxygen that bacteria needs to grow
- FDA approved for use with food and food related products
- Prevents mold, mildew, and bacteria from forming
- Safe, clean, effective, and easy to use
- Immediately re-vacuum seal opened packages for storing the oxygen absorbers and only take out of the package what will be used within a 30 minute time frame
Oxygen Absorber Size Recommendation Guide
|Container Size||Tightly packed||Loosely Packed|
|16 oz (Pint or 6x10 bags)||20cc||50cc|
|32 oz (Quart or 8x12 bags)||50cc||100cc|
|1 gallon (11x16 bags)||100cc||3 - 100cc|
|5 gallon||5 - 100cc||8 - 100cc|
|Tightly packed assumes less than 10% empty airspace inside the container|
|Loosely packed assumes 25% or more empty airspace inside the container|
What Are Oxygen Absorbers?
Oxygen absorbers are a simple yet effective way of packaging food and non-food items in a safe effective format for long-term storage. They will remove oxygen in a container to less than 0.01% which will increase the shelf life of the packaged product as oxygen is required by most forms of bacteria, mold, and mildew to grow. By eliminating the oxygen inside of a container, almost any type of product will have a longer shelf-life. Specifically used in the meat and food industry to extend the shelf-life of jerky, meat snacks, snack sticks, dehydrated fruits, and much more.
How To Use Oxygen Absorbers?
- Open the oxygen absorber package
- Place oxygen absorbers in other containers, like a package of jerky, and immediately seal air tight
- Immediately vacuum seal the remaining and unused oxygen absorbers for later use (never leave open to air for longer than 30 minutes)
Why Use Oxygen Absorbers in Food Packaging?
Oxygen absorbers will promote an extended shelf-life and prevent some spoilage of food products by preventing bacteria, mold, and mildew from growing. They also assist in maintaining freshness and flavor of food items. Also used to inhibit and prevent oxidation of food items and can help delay the browning in some fruits/veggies.
|Manufacturer Part Number||No|
|Requires Shipping Upcharge||No|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Starting at: $5.99
Starting at: $7.49
Starting at: $7.99
Starting at: $17.99
Starting at: $11.99